Tver State Medical University has been a leader in the growth of medical research and the training of medical practitioners and scientists for more than 70 years. It is now the world's largest medical scientific, research, and educational center, with a huge clinical and laboratory base and an outstanding teaching staff. The University is housed in a complex of structures that are used for practical classes, lectures, laboratory studies, research, and auxiliary services. Tver State Medical University is a public educational institution that is governed by the Russian Federation's Ministries of Health and Social Development and Education.
Tver State Medical University has over 4700 students. A foreign national makes up one-third of the University's students. There are 63 theoretical and clinical departments in the Academy. It has 6000 beds spread over ten hospitals. The University operates a dentistry clinic with over 200 seats, which is widely regarded as one of the best and most sophisticated in the country. The UN agencies have formally recognized Tver State Medical University for health care and education. It has been educating specialists for 57 countries throughout the world for over 50 years (since 1962). Today, the University teaches in Russian as well as English.
About the City
Tver, previously Kalinin, is the administrative center of Tver Oblast, which is located in western Russia. The city is located where the upper Volga and Tvertsa rivers meet. Tver is now the hub of a significant flax-growing region and an industrial hub, with a focus on textile manufacturing and other light industries, as well as railroad rolling stock manufacturing. The climate of Tver is humid continental, as is typical of Central Russia. Winters are lengthy, snowy, and cold, yet severely severe frosts are uncommon, occurring just once every ten calendar day. Summers are often hot and humid, with temperatures frequently climbing. Tver is connected to small towns in Tver Oblast, neighboring oblasts, and Moscow by a local bus station. Trolleybuses, trams, buses, and routed taxis are examples of local public transportation.
Learn more about
MBBS in Russia: https://www.medicalmantra.co.in/blog/mbbs-in-russia/
Tver State Medical University actively participates in the planning and execution of international, federal, and regional scientific projects. National and international scientific conferences are routinely held at the Tver State Medical University. It employs about 520 professional researchers and tutors, including 320 PhDs with completed doctoral dissertations and 80 PhDs with completed post-doctoral dissertations.
Tver State Medical University has 6 faculties:
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Dental Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Pharmaceutical Faculty
- Faculty of Advanced Nursing Education
- Faculty of Postgraduate Studies
The Faculty of General Medicine was established in 1954. It is the Academy's largest faculty, with 45 theoretical and clinical departments housed in the main building as well as 10 teaching hospitals. More than 2000 students attend the Faculty, including 1000 international students.
The studies last for six years. Students spend the first 2.5 years of their education primarily on theoretical subjects. Students have received significant practical training in many sectors of treatment, surgery, obstetrics and gynaecology, public health, and prevention over the last 3.5 years. One of the most distinguishing elements of medical education is that all clinical classes include daily student-to-patient contact. This provides students with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to become well-versed in advanced diagnostic and treatment methods.
Tver State Medical
University Admission Process
A minimum of 60% marks in Chemistry, Biology, and English is required to get into Tver State Medical University. Candidates who have passed the NEET exam and have the required NEET score are eligible to apply to Tver State Medical University. The candidate must be at least 17 years old.
- 10th and 12th Marksheet
- NEET mark sheet
- International passport (Original+ notary translated in Russian)
- Birth certificate (Original+ Notary translated in Russian)
- Passport size photos
- Medical insurance (Original + Copy)
- Payment slip of application fee (Original + Copy)
- Visa application form filled
- Invitation letter from the University (Original + Copy)
A short step-by-step preliminary guide to getting admission into Tver State Medical University.
- The students must submit a completed application form as well as any other required documentation. Documents can be sent by email.
- The students must then pay the university and wait for the invitation letter to arrive.
- Once the institution sends you an invitation letter, you can go to the Russian Embassy and proceed further.
- Furthermore, students should inform the university of their expected arrival date. So that the airport pick and drop facilities can be organized by the university.
Tver State Medical University Fee Structure
MBBS (English Medium)
Fees (in USD)
$6500 (per year)
$350 (per year)
The first year includes expenses like medical card issuance, airport pick-up services which are only meant to be paid once. Hostel fee is the same for all years.
Tver State Medical
The university includes 4 hostels with a total capacity of 1,544 students. The University prioritizes providing residential housing in hostels to international students who arrive on the Russian Federation's territory by invitation from countries with a visa regime.
The university has two residential hostels. One-room apartments for three students and two-room flats for five students are available. A sanitary unit, a bathroom, and a kitchen are included in the rooms. Elevators and Wi-Fi are available at the hostels. The hostel's entrance is guarded. A pass system is in place. At the entryway and in the corridors, there are video cameras. The hostels are within walking distance of stores and public transportation.
Tver State Medical
University Ranking and Recognition
Tver State Medical University stands at the 238th position in the country and its world rank is 5174.
Tver State Medical University is recognized by organizations like the WHO, FAIMER, and NMC. Graduates of the Faculty work in every region of Russia, from the Baltic Sea to the Pacific Ocean, as well as in countries all over the world, including the US, Canada, India, and Australia after passing their respective screening exams.
Learn more about
- Affordable for International Students.
- Well qualified faculty with years of teaching experience.
- NEET score is enough for getting admission. There is no entrance test.
- MCI Screening Test training is also available for the students to ensure good results for passing the test.
- The MBBS program is taught in English as well as in Russian.
- Indian food mess is available for Indian students.
- The University is recognized by WHO and NMC.
is the duration of the medical course at Tver State Medical University?
Answer: Tver State Medical University offers a 6-year MBBS course including a 1-year internship.
2. Does Tver State Medical University offer accommodation?
Answer: Yes. Hostel facilities are available at Tver State Medical University.
3. Is there an entrance exam to get admission into Tver State Medical University?
Answer: No, there is no additional entrance exam apart from NEET.
4. Is there an Indian food mess available?
Answer: Yes. An Indian food mess is present.