"Pavlov St. Petersburg State Medical University" was founded in September 1897. It was initially known as the Medical Institute for Women. This university is credited with being the first to offer women the chance to pursue higher medical education. The university is committed to implementing a one-of-a-kind teaching technique that combines the best of Russian medical educational traditions with Western educational methodologies. The Russian Federation's Government gave the university the name St. Petersburg State I.P. Pavlov Medical University in 1994. This university is well-known as a major training centre for specialists from all around the world.
The University's mission is to ensure a high level of professional competence among medical and scientific personnel, as well as the development of civil and moral qualities in individuals in the context of a global educational, scientific, and information society, as well as the dynamically changing needs of the labour market, through effective organisation and high quality educational and research processes. It also attempts to conserve society's moral, cultural, and scientific values, as well as to enhance them for the benefit of society.
About the City
Saint Petersburg, also known as Petrograd (1914–1924) and Leningrad (1924–1991), is Russia's second-largest city. It has a population of about 5.4 million people and is located on the Neva River, at the head of the Gulf of Finland on the Baltic Sea. Saint Petersburg is a major commercial gateway, as well as Russia's financial and industrial centre, with specialisations in the oil and gas trade. It is Europe's fourth most populous city. The climate of Saint Petersburg is humid continental. The average yearly temperature is 5.8 °C. Within the city borders, the Neva River normally freezes up in November–December and thaws in April.
Pavlov St. Petersburg State Medical University Faculties and Courses Offered
The Saint-Petersburg State Medical University has a long and illustrious history of training both Russian and international students. The Academy has graduated almost 35,000 physicians. More than 5000 international alumni from more than 50 countries have graduated since the international programme began in 1947. There are now more than 6,000 students enrolled. One of the university's key goals has been research, which includes cancer, pharmacology, haematology and transplantation, molecular genetics, cardiology and cardiac surgery, pulmonology, nephrology, and other medical specialties.
The University offers a variety of programs available at the following faculties:
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Sports Medicine
- Faculty of Adaptive Physical Education Culture
- Faculty of Paediatrics
- Faculty of Clinical Psychology
- Medical faculty of international students
- Higher Education Nursing School
- Faculty of Postgraduate Studies
- Faculty of Pre-University Education
Pavlov St. Petersburg State Medical University Admission Process
A minimum of 60% marks in Chemistry, Biology and English is required to get into "Pavlov St- Petersburg State Medical University". Candidates who have passed the NEET exam and have the required NEET score are eligible to apply to Pavlov St- Petersburg State Medical University. Candidate must be at least 17 years old.
· 10th and 12th Marksheet
· NEET marksheet
· International passport (Original+ notary translated in Russian)
· Birth certificate (Original+ Notary translated in Russian)
· Passport size photos
· Medical insurance (Original + Copy)
· Payment slip of application fee (Original + Copy)
· Visa application form filled
· Invitation letter from the University (Original + Copy)
Short step by step preliminary guide to get admission into Pavlov St- Petersburg State Medical University.
· The students must submit a completed application form as well as any other required documentation. Documents can be sent by email.
· The students must then pay the university and wait for the invitation letter to arrive.
· Once the institution sends you an invitation letter, you can go to the Russian Embassy and proceed further.
· Furthermore, students should inform the university of their expected arrival date. So that the airport pick and drop facilities can be organized by the university.
Learn about NEET 2021: https://medicalmantra.co.in/blog/latest-update-on-neet-ug-2021/
Pavlov St- Petersburg State Medical University Fee Structure
Fees (in USD)
$ 4400 (per year)
$ 500 (per year)
$ 4900 (per year)
Note: First year includes expenses like medical insurance, airport pick up services which are only meant to be paid once. Hostel fee is same for all years.
Pavlov Saint Petersburg State Medical University Hostel
The hostel setup at "Pavlov Saint Petersburg State Medical University" is different for local and international students. International students are advised to stay in an International Students Hostel, as these hostels are well prepared with all of a foreign student's fundamental needs. Comfortable and well-furnished accommodations, good internet access in all rooms, and facilities such as hot water are among these requirements. The hostel provides clean food and water to the students. Students have access to an Indian food mess. All of the rooms are large and secure, and they are monitored and protected 24 hours a day, seven days a week. At all times, guards are on duty to ensure the safety of students.
"Pavlov St- Petersburg State Medical University" Ranking and Recognition
According to 4icu "Pavlov Saint Petersburg State Medical University" Ranking stands in the 147th position in the country and on the 3084th rank worldwide.
The World Health Organization (WHO), FAIMER, General Medical Council of Britain and the National Medical Commission (NMC) recognise "Pavlov Saint Petersburg State Medical University's" MBBS degree. After passing an FMGE, students who complete their MBBS at Pavlov Saint Petersburg State University are eligible to return to India and work.
The passing percentage for FMGE is 12.50%.
Learn more about FMGE: https://www.medicalmantra.co.in/blog/all-you-need-to-know-about-foreign-medical-graduate-exam-fmge/
· Reasonably priced for international students.
· Highly qualified professors with extensive teaching experience.
· There is no entrance examination. The NEET score is sufficient for admission.
· MCI Screening Test tutoring is given to students to help them achieve good scores and pass the test.
· The MBBS programme is totally taught in English.
· There is an Indian mess accessible for the benefit of Indian students.
· WHO, MCI, FAIMER, and IMED are all affiliated with and recognise the university.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Does "Pavlov Saint Petersburg State Medical University" require NEET Score?
Answer: Yes, students require a NEET Score to get admission into Pavlov Saint Petersburg State Medical University
- Is it difficult to get admission to "Pavlov Saint Petersburg State Medical University" ?
Answer: No, the "Pavlov Saint Petersburg State Medical University" admission process is completely hassle-free and convenient for International students.
- What are the best countries for MBBS abroad?
Answer: Russia, Ukraine, Philippines, USA, Canada etc are some of the best countries to study MBBS abroad.
- Is MBBS in Russia affordable?
Answer: Yes. MBBS in Russia is affordable and cheaper as compared to other European and Asian Countries.