Orenburg State Medical University, founded in 1944, is one of Russia's oldest, most prestigious, and internationally known medical schools. Orenburg State Medical University, located in the Russian city of Orenburg, is frequently ranked among the best medical schools in the world. It offers an MBBS programme to medical students from Russia and other nations throughout the world, and its medical credentials are accepted internationally, including in the United States, Canada, and India. Orenburg State Medical University is one of the greatest universities in Russia to study MBBS, with a historic seven-decade history and a careful blend of experience, expertise, and modernity.
Orenburg State Medical University is in the Russian city of Orenburg, roughly 1,478 kilometres southeast of Moscow. Orenburg State Medical University offers high-quality medical education in a modern setting with updated facilities. Students at Orenburg State Medical University are not only taught in classrooms; they are also given the opportunity to study through practicals and experiments. The MBBS programme at Orenburg State Medical University is structured to meet international standards. The university's curriculum consists of a total of 54 topics in which students receive both academic and practical instruction.
About the City
Orenburg, formerly known as Chkalov, is the administrative centre of the Orenburg oblast (region), which is located in western Russia. It is located 1,478 kilometres southeast of Moscow on the Ural River. Orenburg is also extremely near to Kazakhstan's border. Orenburg is home to a number of big corporations. Orenburgenergy is one of Russia's largest energy generation firms. Orenburg has long been an important rail hub. The Orenburg Tsentralny Airport is the city's primary airport. Bus, trolleybus, and fixed-route taxi are all forms of city public transportation. Orenburg has a semi-arid humid continental climate with long, hot summers and short, freezing winters. The months of April and October are in between summer and winter, with the remainder of the year being either summer or winter. Orenburg is a regional educational and cultural centre with a number of museums and cultural organisations.
Learn more about MBBS in Russia: https://www.medicalmantra.co.in/blog/mbbs-in-russia/
Faculty & Courses Offered
Orenburg State Medical University employs roughly 300 professors, associate professors, and doctors in 47 departments. The university employs highly qualified personnel from reputable institutions. The strong foundations have earned us a global reputation, demonstrating the significance of strong academic foundation, research-focused education, and hands-on training.
Orenburg State Medical University has a
total of eight departments, including:
· General Medicine
· Preventive Care
· Clinical Psychology
· Nursing Care
· Department of Post-Graduate Training for Specialists.
The MBBS programme is taught in English as well as Russian. Hence it is easier for international students to study.
Orenburg State Medical Academy Admission
A minimum of 60% marks in Chemistry, Biology and English is required to get into Orenburg State Medical University. Candidates who have passed the NEET exam and have the required NEET score are eligible to apply to Orenburg State Medical University. Candidate must be at least 17 years old.
· 10th and 12th Marksheet
· NEET marksheet
· International passport (Original+ notary translated in Russian)
· Birth certificate (Original+ Notary translated in Russian)
· Passport size photos
· Medical insurance (Original + Copy)
· Payment slip of application fee (Original + Copy)
· Visa application form filled
· Invitation letter from the University (Original + Copy)
Short step by step preliminary guide to get admission into Orenburg State Medical University.
· The students must submit a completed application form as well as any other required documentation. Documents can be sent by email.
· The students must then pay the university and wait for the invitation letter to arrive.
· Once the institution sends you an invitation letter, you can go to the Russian Embassy and proceed further.
· Furthermore, students should inform the university of their expected arrival date. So that the airport pick and drop facilities can be organized by the university.
Orenburg State Medical University Fee Structure
Fees (in USD)
$5000 (per year)
$350 (per year)
Orenburg State Medical University Hostel
Comfortable and well-furnished accommodations, good internet access in all rooms, and facilities such as hot water are amongst the many brilliant amenities provided at the Orenburg State Medical University hostel. The hostel provides clean food and water to the students. Students have access to an Indian food mess. All of the rooms are spacious and secured, and they are monitored and protected 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Guards are on duty to ensure the safety of students. Anti-ragging laws are also in place to protect students from acts of ragging, teasing, or bullying. The student facilities are set up on a shared basis. Students can socialise in common spaces, multimedia centres, leisure rooms, reading rooms, and other venues. Services are easily accessible and are within walking distance of the main hostel campus. Students have access to all necessary amenities on and off campus.
Orenburg State Medical University
Ranking and Recognition
Orenburg State Medical University stands at the 233rd position in the country and its world rank is 5233.
Orenburg State Medical University's MBBS degree is recognised by major organisations such as the World Health Organization (WHO), Medical Council of Canada (MMC) and the National Medical Commission (NMC). Students who complete their MBBS at Orenburg State Medical University are eligible to return to India and work after clearing an MCI screening/ FMGE exam. The University also offers a post-graduation training programme for students. Moreover, the FMGE passing percentage for Russia is quite high.
Learn more about FMGE: https://www.medicalmantra.co.in/blog/all-you-need-to-know-about-foreign-medical-graduate-exam-fmge/
- Cheap for International Students.
- Well qualified faculty with years of teaching experience.
- NEET score is enough for getting admission. There is no entrance test.
- MCI Screening Test training is also available for the students to ensure good results for passing the test.
- MBBS programme is entirely taught in English.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students.
- The University is recognized by WHO and NMC.
- The FMGE passing percentage is 39.34%.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Does Orenburg State Medical University have any accommodation facility?
Answer: Yes. There are well furnished and safe hostels for International as well as local students.
2. Does the University have any extra-curricular activities?
Answer: Yes, the complete development of students is a top concern at Orenburg State Medical University. Every year, the institution hosts and participates in a variety of sporting events, as well as dance, music, and art competitions.
3. Will I have to learn Russian to get admission into Orenburg State Medical University?
Answer: Not necessarily, Orenburg State Medical University offers education in English as well as Russian medium.
4. Is there an entrance exam to get admission into Orenburg State Medical University?
Answer: No, there is no entrance exam.
For further details: https://medicalmantra.co.in/contact/